WED-Förbundet is a public benefit and non-profit association for WED/RLS sufferers and their relatives. The association has goals to aim since it was formed in Stockholm, March 2000. It consists of a board and six regional managers.
The association is non-political and non-religious, and everyone within the association work voluntarily with for example inform physicians and those who are affected by WED/RLS and arranging information meetings for the public.
WED-Förbundet cooperates with associate Professor Jan Ulfberg.
The goals of WED-Förbundet are to:
- disseminate knowledge and enhance existing knowledge of WED / RLS by sufferers and their relatives
- disseminate knowledge among doctors and medical professionals, so that they quickly can diagnose patients with WED / RLS and appropriate medical treatment
- inform authorities and contribute to research and development around WED / RLS
- achieve a better understanding of the affected
- facilitate a quick and easy diagnosis
- access to effective treatment
- almost all WED / RLS affected should regain a high quality of life and function optimally in society.
The society is the big winner when resources in health care can be more effective!
What are we doing?
- … watching the latest research in WED/RLS to pass it on
- … informing health care and public about the disease
- … educating communicators and organize meetings
- … working to make the disease WED / RLS better known.
If you want to contact us – please write and send this contact form: